The Many benefits over other makes include:
- The tough non-corrodible casings are injection- moulded in matt black, marine engineering grade, glass- reinforced nylon. This remarkably stable material in unaffected by UV, salt water or fuels. It has a very low coefficient of expansion and good insulation properties, with high impact resistance.
- All models use A4 stainless steel screws. Nickel-plated brass screws are used for electrical connections, thus avoiding any magnetic effects.
- The unique design of the socket contacts provides a constant pressure with the plug pins, eliminating the common cause of intermittent breaks in the supply, particularly where vibration occurs. It also reduces the possibility of sparking and corrosion.
- Connection and disconnection of the plug is a simple push or pull action (except the Coax and Radar connectors) This avoids the need to tighten a nut or ring having a fine thread (difficult to connect and easily damaged in the cold or rough conditions, though used by some manufacturers).
- The connectors have a low profile reducing the likelihood of accidental damage.
- The plug and socket can be used as a permanent or temporary method of connecting varying sizes of round cable.
- Complete with blanking caps for socket when not in use.